rainbown mountain fullday
A great option to meet the Rainbown mountain
• 3:30 Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
• 4:00 Departure to the South (to Qollasuyo), which will be used by the ancient Quechuas, an important part of the entire Tawantinsuyo, (4 of them, the 4 most important regions of the Inca Culture), after about 2 hours in the bus arrives at a CHECACUPE, takes the detour to the town of PITUMARCA, where the history of the first rebels that seeks a defiant to the Inca Pachuteq, (the ninth Inca, most important in the Andean world) begins
• After passing through beautiful landscapes and valleys of Pitumarca, we arrive at JAPURA, HACHIPACHA, and finally after 4 hours of travel from Cusco we will arrive at QUECHUYNO.
• 7:30 Aprox we will enjoy a rich traditional breakfast in the area.
• After your breakfast, your walk through beautiful landscapes, lagoons where South American camelids live (alpacas, llamas, vicuñas, pumas, Andean birds and condor, etc.), the walk takes about 3 ½ hours approx. Until arriving at a place called VININCUNCA-PASS DE 5200, msnm, where we will have an impressive view of the colored hill, with the sunrise Vinicunca shows us its best landscape full of colors, which can only be seen in Cusco-Peru.
• Around we will observe the Apus (mountains) (apu sarinini, Ausangate mountain) Ausangate, the highest mountain in Cusco with a height of 6372 meters above sea level. In Inca mythology this mountain is surrounded by lakes, among which Sivinacocha stand out, from where the masculine energy that fertilizes Mother Earth (Pachamama) is born; After a long journey, the waters are lost in the great Amazon to return to the rains, filling the lakes and glaciers to become the Star River or Willkamayu, known in the West as the Milky Way that resembles our worldview .
• Every year in the North of the Ausangate, the festival of the Lord of Qoyllur Rit’i has been celebrated since time immemorial, where the beauty is impressive and the dancers from different parts of the country.
• PM lunch.
• 18:30 Approx. Arrival in Cusco
• 1 breakfast
• 1 lunch
• Complete English / Spanish route guide
Does not include:
• Mineral water
• Admission 10 soles
• Rain poncho
• Trekking shoes